The Resource Fire!! : the Zora Neale Hurston story
- Fire!! : the Zora Neale Hurston story
- Title remainder
- the Zora Neale Hurston story
- Statement of responsibility
- Peter Bagge
- Graphic novels
- African American women authors -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc.
- Hurston, Zora Neale
- African American women novelists -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc.
- Hurston, Zora Neale -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Women folklorists -- United States -- Biography | Comic books, strips, etc.
- Comic books, strips, etc -- United States.
- Howard University -- History
- Biographical comics
- "Peter Bagge has defied the expectations of the comics industry by changing gears from his famous slacker hero Buddy Bradley to documenting the life and times of historical 20th century trailblazers. If Bagge had not already had a New York Times bestseller with his biography of Margaret Sanger, his newest biography, Fire!!: The Zora Neale Hurston Story, would seem to be an unfathomable pairing of author and subject. Yet through Bagge's skilled cartooning, he turns what could be a rote biography into a bold and dazzling graphic novel, creating a story as brilliant as the life itself. Hurston challenged the norms of what was expected of an African American woman in early 20th century society. The fifth of eight kids from a Baptist family in Alabama, Hurston's writing prowess blossomed at Howard University, and then Barnard College, where she was the sole black student. She arrived in NYC at the height of the Harlem Renaissance and quickly found herself surrounded by peers such as Langston Hughes and Wallace Thurman. Hurston went on to become a noted folklorist and critically acclaimed novelist, including her most provocative work Their Eyes Were Watching God. Despite these landmark achievements, personal tragedies and shifting political winds in the midcentury rendered her almost forgotten by the end of her life. With admiration and respect, Bagge reconstructs her vivid life in resounding full-color."--
- African American authors
- Ambition in women
- Life stories -- Arts and culture | Writing | Authors
- African American women authors
- Comics and Graphic novels
- Women authors
- Women anthropologists
- History writing -- United States -- African American
- Graphic novels
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Biographical comics
- History Writing -- Women's History
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Z57 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Fire!! : the Zora Neale Hurston story
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fire!! : the Zora Neale Hurston story
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ypMtmWiTqsY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ypMtmWiTqsY/">Fire!! : the Zora Neale Hurston story</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...