The Resource Escape points : a memoir
- Escape points : a memoir
- Statement of responsibility
- Michele Weldon
- Divorced women -- United States -- Biography.
- Single mothers -- United States -- Biography.
- Breast -- Cancer | Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- Weldon, Michele, 1958-
- Weldon, Michele, 1958- -- Family.
- Weldon, Michele
- Abused wives -- United States -- Biography.
- Women journalists -- United States -- Biography.
- Mothers and sons -- United States.
- Life skills -- United States.
- Absentee fathers -- United States.
- "Award-winning journalist Michele Weldon provides a potent antidote to the harried single mom stereotype in this beguiling memoir of raising three sons alone in the face of cancer, an ambitious career, and the shadow of her ex. Untethered from a seemingly idyllic life with a handsome but abusive attorney husband, Weldon relates the challenges and triumphs of the years that followed her divorce as she maneuvers through a complicated life of long daily commutes, radiation treatments, supporting the boys' all-consuming high school wrestling careers, and trying to mitigate their hurt and resentment at an absent father. By turns humorous and heartbreaking, Weldon describes facing her fears and failures honestly, guided by a belief in the power of staying calm, doing one's best, and asking for help. She provides a graceful example of how a single mother, and her children, can succeed when others--neighbors, family, teachers, and in this case an incredible high school wrestling coach--step in to fill the void and she can stay the course with common sense and dutiful love"--
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2015
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Escape points : a memoir
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Escape points : a memoir
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/yQnBFGIbb_Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/yQnBFGIbb_Y/">Escape points : a memoir</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...