The Resource Counselor : a life at the edge of history
- Counselor : a life at the edge of history
- Title remainder
- a life at the edge of history
- Statement of responsibility
- Ted Sorensen
- Sorensen, Theodore C.
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Friends and associates
- Sorensen, Theodore C
- Political consultants -- United States -- Biography.
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Friends and associates.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Biography.
- Lawyers -- United States -- Biography.
- Speechwriters -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963.
- In this gripping memoir, John F. Kennedy's closest advisor recounts in full for the first time his experience counseling Kennedy through the most dramatic moments in American history.... from the decision to go to the moon to the Cuban Missile Crisis, when JFK requested that the thirty-four-year-old Sorensen draft the key letter to Khrushchev at the most critical point of the world's first nuclear confrontation. After Kennedy was assassinated, Sorensen stayed with President Johnson for a few months before leaving to write a biography of JFK. In 1968 he returned to Washington to help run Robert Kennedy's presidential campaign. Through it all, Sorensen never lost sight of the ideals that brought him to Washington and to the White House, working tirelessly to promote and defend free, peaceful societies.--From publisher's description
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography
- Speechwriters -- United States -- Biography
- Life stories -- Law and order | Judges and lawyers
- Bay of Pigs Invasion, 1961 -- Personal narratives
- History writing -- United States -- 1960s
- Lawyers -- United States -- Biography
- Life stories -- People in history | Witness to history
- Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962 -- Personal narratives
- Political consultants -- United States -- Biography
- Politicians -- United States -- Biography
- Life stories -- Politics
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963
- History writing -- United States -- Presidency -- 20th century
- Ballistic missiles
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2008
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Counselor : a life at the edge of history
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Counselor : a life at the edge of history
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xvad7EsBkwo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xvad7EsBkwo/">Counselor : a life at the edge of history</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...