The Resource The republic of imagination : America in three books
- The republic of imagination : America in three books
- Title remainder
- America in three books
- Statement of responsibility
- Azar Nafisi
- Title variation
- America in three books
- Books and reading -- United States.
- Twain, Mark, 1835-1910, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- Lewis, Sinclair, 1885-1951, Babbitt.
- McCullers, Carson, 1917-1967, Heart is a lonely hunter.
- Lewis, Sinclair, 1885-1951, Babbit
- McCullers, Carson, 1917-1967, Heart is a lonely hunter
- Iranian American women -- Biography.
- National characteristics in literature.
- Twain, Mark, 1835-1910, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- American fiction -- Appreciation -- United States.
- English teachers -- United States -- Biography.
- Nafisi, Azar.
- The best-selling author of Reading Lolita in Tehran presents an impassioned tribute to the importance of fiction to democracy that blends memoir with close readings of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Babbitt and The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
- "A passionate hymn to the power of fiction to change people's lives, by the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Reading Lolita in Tehran. Ten years ago, Azar Nafisi electrified readers with her million-copy bestseller, Reading Lolita in Tehran, which told the story of how, against the backdrop of morality squads and executions, she taught The Great Gatsby and other classics to her eager students in Iran. In this exhilarating followup, Nafisi has written the book her fans have been waiting for: an impassioned, beguiling, and utterly original tribute to the vital importance of fiction in a democratic society. What Reading Lolita in Tehran was for Iran, The Republic of Imagination is for America. Taking her cue from a challenge thrown to her in Seattle, where a skeptical reader told her that Americans don't care about books the way they did back in Iran, she energetically responds to those who say fiction has nothing to teach us. Blending memoir and polemic with close readings of her favorite American novels-The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Babbitt, and The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter, among others-she invites us to join her as citizens of her 'Republic of Imagination,' a country where the villains are conformity and orthodoxy and the only passport to entry is a free mind and a willingness to dream"--
- Life stories -- Education | Scholars and educators
- Literature and society -- United States
- Arts and Entertainment -- Writing and Publishing
- Fiction and culture
- United States -- Social life and customs
- National characteristics, American
- Fiction -- Appreciation
- Democracy -- United States
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Books and reading -- United States
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Government publication
- publication of autonomous or semi autonomous component of government
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of The republic of imagination : America in three books
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The republic of imagination : America in three books
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xWAmMSsja6c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xWAmMSsja6c/">The republic of imagination : America in three books</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...