The Resource Hear that train whistle blow! : how the railroad changed the world
- Hear that train whistle blow! : how the railroad changed the world
- Title remainder
- how the railroad changed the world
- Statement of responsibility
- Milton Meltzer
- Takes a look at the history of rail transportation, focusing on how it transformed societies from isolated communities that rarely communicated or traded into unified nations. From the very first passenger train to roll down the tracks in 1825 to the advent of today's high-speed trains, the railroad has been and is still one of the most vital forces in civilization. Focusing on American railroad history but touching on other countries, award-winning author Milton Meltzer shows how something as ubiquitous as the railroad is, in fact, a force that changed the world. Praise for There Comes a Time by Milton Meltzer: "Readers of every ethnicity will leave this book with a more inspired understanding of what it means to be free."
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M395 2004
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Landmark books
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Hear that train whistle blow! : how the railroad changed the world
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hear that train whistle blow! : how the railroad changed the world
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xLhT_4Nw31w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/xLhT_4Nw31w/">Hear that train whistle blow! : how the railroad changed the world</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...