The Resource Slumdog millionaire
- Slumdog millionaire
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, Celador Films, Film4 present ; directed by Danny Boyle ; co-director, Loveleen Tandan ; screenplay by Simon Beaufoy ; produced by Christian Colson
- Title variation
- Dev Patel : Slumdog millionaire
- Beaufoy, Simon.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- )
- Kapoor, Anil, 1959-.
- Colson, Christian.
- Fox Searchlight Pictures.
- FilmFour (Firm)
- Boyle, Danny.
- Shukla, Saurabh.
- Celador Films.
- Pinto, Freida, 1984-
- Zutshi, Raj.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Tandan, Loveleen.
- Khan, Irrfan, 1962-
- Patel, Dev, 1990-
- Talwar, Jeneva.
- HuÃ©rfanos -- India | Bombay -- Teatro.
- Suspicion -- India | Bombay -- Drama.
- Orphans -- India | Bombay -- Drama.
- TelevisiÃ3n -- Programas -- India | Bombay -- Teatro.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Brothers -- India | Bombay -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Police -- India | Bombay -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- Television quiz shows -- India | Bombay -- Drama.
- Jamal Malik is an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" When the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on suspicion of cheating. Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up. He describes their adventures together on the road, of vicious encounters with local gangs, and of Latika, the girl he loved and lost. Every chapter of his story reveals the key to the answer to one of the game show's questions. Jamal's increasingly layered story reveals where he learned the answers to the show's seemingly impossible questions. When the new day dawns and Jamal returns to answer the final question, the Inspector and sixty million viewers watch to find out if he can answer the question of how anyone comes to know the things they know about life and love
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Anthony Dod Mantle ; editor, Chris Dickens ; music, A.R. Rahman
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for some violence, disturbing images and language
- Language note
- English with Hindi (Dolby 5.1) or dubbed French (Dolby surround) dialogue with optional English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .S58 2009
- Dev Patel, Anil Kapoor, Saurabh Shakla, Raj Zutshi, Jeneva Talwar, Freida Pinto, Irrfan Khan
- live action
ContextContext of Slumdog millionaire
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Slumdog millionaire
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/x5Ghuvo1wm8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/x5Ghuvo1wm8/">Slumdog millionaire</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...