The Resource The descendants
- The descendants
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Pictures presents ; an Ad Hominem Enterprises production ; directed by Alexander Payne ; screenplay by Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon & Jim Rash ; produced by Jim Burke, Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor ; made in association with Dune Entertainment and produced in association with Little Blair Productions and Ingeneous Film Partners
- Ad Hominem Enterprises (Firm)
- Miller, Amara
- Payne, Alexander, 1961-
- Clooney, George
- Ingenious Film Partners (Firm)
- Fox Searchlight Pictures.
- Dune Entertainment.
- Greer, Judy, 1971-
- Faxon, Nat
- Little Blair Productions.
- Rash, Jim, 1970-
- Bridges, Beau
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Woodley, Shailene
- Taylor, Jim, 1962-
- Burke, Jim
- Familias -- Teatro.
- Mothers -- Death -- Drama.
- Feature films -- United States.
- Boating accidents -- Drama.
- Fathers and daughters -- Drama.
- Padre e hija -- Teatro.
- Parent and child -- Drama.
- Hawaii -- Teatro.
- Families of royal descent -- Hawaii -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Film adaptations.
- Husband and wife -- Drama.
- Hawaii -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- Families -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Matt King is an indifferent husband and father of two girls, who is forced to re-examine his past and embrace his future when his wife suffers a boating accident off of Waikiki. The event leads to a rapprochement with his young daughters while Matt wrestles with a decision to sell the family's land handed down from Hawaiian royalty and missionaries
- Awards note
- Academy Awards, 2012: Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay.
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Phedon Papamichael ; editor, Kevin Tent
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; language including some sexual references
- CHV rating: 14A; mature theme, coarse language
- Language note
- English (5.1 Dolby Digital), Spanish or French (Dolby surround) dialogue; Spanish subtitles; English subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing; descriptive audio (5.1 Dolby Digital); closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .D47 2012
- George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller, Nick Krause, Matthew Lillard, Robert Forster, Beau Bridges, Judy Greer
- live action
ContextContext of The descendants
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The descendants
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vtATAmAxFHE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vtATAmAxFHE/">The descendants</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...