The Resource Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe
- Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe
- Title remainder
- the age of social catastrophe
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert Gellately
- Stalin, Joseph, 1879-1953.
- Dictatorship -- History -- 21st century.
- Dictatorship -- Case studies.
- Soviet Union -- Politics and government -- 1936-1953.
- Germany -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945.
- Stalin, Joseph, 1879-1953
- Lenin, Vladimir Ilich, 1870-1924
- Lenin, Vladimir Ilich, 1870-1924.
- Soviet Union -- Politics and government -- 1917-1936.
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945
- This ambitious book tells the story of the great social and political catastrophe that enveloped Europe between 1914 and 1945--a period of almost continuous upheaval, with two world wars, the Russian Revolution, the Holocaust, and the Third Reich. Historian Gellately argues that these tragedies are inextricably linked and that to consider them as discrete events is to misunderstand their genesis and character. Central to the catastrophe, of course, were Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, and this book makes use of recently opened sources to explain how these dictators' pursuit of utopian--and dreadfully flawed--ideals led only to dystopian nightmare. Gellately argues that most comparative studies of the Soviet and Nazi dictatorships are undermined by neglecting the key importance of Lenin. Rejecting the myth of the "good" Lenin, the book provides a convincing social-historical account of all three dictatorships.--From publisher description
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .G45 2007
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vrALISeAfZU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vrALISeAfZU/">Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler : the age of social catastrophe</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...