The Resource Walking the Himalayas
- Walking the Himalayas
- Statement of responsibility
- Levison Wood
- Himalaya Mountains -- Description and travel.
- Hiking -- Himalaya Mountains Region.
- Wood, Levison, 1982- -- Travel -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Himalaya Mountains Region -- Description and travel.
- Wood, Levison, 1982- -- Travel -- Himalaya Mountains Region.
- Asia -- Description and travel.
- Travel writing
- Middle East -- Description and travel.
- Walking -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Levison Wood's most challenging expedition yet begins along the Silk Road route of Afghanistan and travels 1700 miles through five countries over the course of six months. Following in the footsteps of the great explorers, Wood walks the entire length of the Himalayas in an adventure of survival and endurance. In a personal story of perseverance and discovery, Wood forges bonds with local guides, porters, mountain men, soldiers, farmers, smugglers and shepherds. By travelling on foot, and following the same footpaths that locals use, he uncovers stories that might otherwise remain hidden. Along the way he also reveals the history of the Himalayas and two millennia of exploration, and examines a continent in crisis in the 21st century. Packed with action and emotion, more than anything Walking the Himalayas is a story of one intrepid man's travels in a world poised on the edge of tremendous change.--From dust jacket
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- W67 2016
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Walking the Himalayas
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Walking the Himalayas
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vMzLZRwNDaE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/vMzLZRwNDaE/">Walking the Himalayas</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...