The Resource The Silence of War : An Old Marine in a Young Marine's War
- The Silence of War : An Old Marine in a Young Marine's War
- Statement of responsibility
- Terrance Patrick McGowan
- Title variation
- Old Marine in a young Marine's war
- Government contractors -- United States -- Biography.
- Middle-aged men -- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Officials and employees -- Biography.
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Campaigns -- Afghanistan | Farah (Province)
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Personal narratives, American.
- United States
- Marines -- United States -- Biography.
- McGowan, Terrance Patrick
- Baby boom generation -- United States -- Biography.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Personal narratives, American.
- FBI -- Officials and employees
- McGowan, Terrance Patrick.
- United States -- Biography.
- Terry McGowan was a beat cop, a Marine captain, and an FBI Special Agent before retiring at age fifty. But after September 11th, 2001, McGowan was in Iraq, serving as a member of a team of high-ranking retired and active duty military working for the highest level of Marine military intelligence. McGowan's success in Iraq led to a position as a Law Enforcement Professional with the Marines in Afghanistan. There he found himself the oldest member of a platoon on the front line; a platoon that was understrength and under fire. While an eighteen-year-old Marine can't look at a crowd of Afghans and pick out the guilty party, McGowan's years of experience in law enforcement had developedhis eye for the "felony look." His training as a Marine Officer, combined with his experience as an FBI Agent, made McGowan an asset as he struggled to keep up with young Marines while they humped over the mountains. Here, he recounts the many trials of his life of service, providing an intimate glimpse into the horrible realities of modern military conflict. --
- History Writing -- Wars and conflicts | War in Afghanistan
- Life stories -- Law and order | Military leaders
- Afghan War, 2001-
- History Writing -- Wars and conflicts | Iraq War
- Iraq War, 2003-2011
- Military life
- Middle-aged men
- Marines -- United States
- Combat -- Psychological aspects
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M37 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
- an old Marine in a young Marines war
ContextContext of The Silence of War : An Old Marine in a Young Marine's War
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Silence of War : An Old Marine in a Young Marine's War
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/uKmQ3biDbBs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/uKmQ3biDbBs/">The Silence of War : An Old Marine in a Young Marine's War</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...