The Resource The man he became : how FDR defied polio to win the presidency
- The man he became : how FDR defied polio to win the presidency
- Title remainder
- how FDR defied polio to win the presidency
- Statement of responsibility
- James Tobin
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- Presidents -- United States -- Election.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 -- Health.
- Poliomyelitis -- Patients -- United States -- Biography.
- "With a searching new analysis of primary sources, NBCC award winner James Tobin reveals how FDR's fight against polio transformed him from a callow aristocrat into the energetic, determined statesman who would rally the nation in the Great Depression and lead it through World War II. When polio paralyzed Franklin Roosevelt at thirty-nine, people wept to think that the young man of golden promise must live out his days as a helpless invalid. He never again walked on his own. But in just over a decade, he had regained his strength and seized the presidency. This was the most remarkable comeback in the history of American politics. And, as author James Tobin shows, it was the pivot of Roosevelt's life--the triumphant struggle that tempered and revealed his true character. With enormous ambition, canny resourcefulness, and sheer grit, FDR willed himself back into contention and turned personal disaster to his political advantage. Tobin's dramatic account of Roosevelt's ordeal and victory offers central insights into the forging of one of our greatest presidents"--
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .T63 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The man he became : how FDR defied polio to win the presidency
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The man he became : how FDR defied polio to win the presidency
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tfXGnmDLJOk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tfXGnmDLJOk/">The man he became : how FDR defied polio to win the presidency</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...