The Resource The Departed
- The Departed
- Statement of responsibility
- Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Plan B/Initial Entertainment Group/Vertigo Entertainment production in association with Media Asia Films ; screenplay by William Monahan ; produced by Brad Pitt ... [et al.] ; directed by Martin Scorsese
- Title variation
- Leonardo Dicaprio: The departed
- Vertigo Entertainment (Firm)
- Media Asia Group (Hong Kong)
- Scorsese, Martin.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- )
- Monahan, William.
- Plan B Entertainment (Firm)
- King, Graham.
- Baldwin, Alec, 1958-
- Farmiga, Vera.
- Damon, Matt.
- Sheen, Martin.
- Anderson, Anthony, 1970-
- Pitt, Brad, 1963-
- Grey, Brad, 1958-
- Initial Entertainment Group.
- Wahlberg, Mark, 1971-
- DiCaprio, Leonardo.
- Winstone, Ray, 1957-
- Corrigan, Kevin, 1969-
- Nicholson, Jack.
- Crime -- Feature
- Crimen organizado -- Massachusetts | Boston -- Teatro.
- Gangster -- Feature
- DVD recordings.
- Gangster films.
- Suspense films
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.) -- Drama.
- Undercover operations -- Massachusetts | Boston -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Organized crime investigation -- Massachusetts | Boston -- Drama.
- Thriller -- Feature
- Organized crime -- Massachusetts | Boston -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Police -- Massachusetts -- Drama.
- Criminal behavior -- Massachusetts | Boston -- Drama.
- Delitos -- Massachusetts | Boson -- Teatro.
- Infiltration (Military science) -- Drama.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- In South Boston, the state police force are waging a war on Irish-American organized crime. Undercover cop Billy Costigan is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate, which is run by gangland chief Frank Costello. Billy quickly gains Costello's confidence. Colin Sullivan is a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate. Colin is rising to a position of power within the Special Investigation Unit. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the mob and the police that there's a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin are suddenly thrust into danger. Afraid of being caught and exposed to the enemy, they each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself
- Awards note
- National Board of Review (USA), 2006: NBR - Best Director (Martin Scorsese) ; Best Ensemble.
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Michael Ballhaus ; editor, Thelma Schoonmaker ; music, Howard Shore ; costume designer, Sandy Powell ; production designer, Kristi Zea ; visual effects supervisor, Rob Legato
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for strong brutal violence, pervasive language, some strong sexual content and drug material
- Language note
- Closed-captioned; dialogue in English (Dolby Surround 5.1), French (Dolby Surround 5.1) or Spanish (Dolby Surround 5.1) with optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D4737843 2007
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Ray Winstone, Vera Farmiga, Anthony Anderson, Alec Baldwin, Kevin Corrigan
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of The Departed
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Departed
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tdoZFX5jJUk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tdoZFX5jJUk/">The Departed</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...