The Resource Dinner with Edward : the story of a remarkable friendship
- Dinner with Edward : the story of a remarkable friendship
- Title remainder
- the story of a remarkable friendship
- Statement of responsibility
- Isabel Vincent
- Self-actualization (Psychology)
- Women authors, American -- New York (State) | New York -- Biography.
- Vincent, Isabel, 1965-
- Friendship -- Psychological aspects.
- Dinners and dining -- New York (State) | New York.
- Vincent, Isabel, 1965- -- Friends and associates.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Biography.
- "When Isabel meets Edward, both are at a crossroads: he wants to follow his late wife to the grave, and she is ready to give up on love. Thinking she is merely helping out her friend, Edward's daughter--who lives far away and asked her to check in on her nonagenarian dad in New York--Isabel has no idea that the man in the kitchen baking the sublime roast chicken and light-as-air apricot soufflÃ© will end up changing her life. As Edward and Isabel meet weekly for the glorious dinners that Edward prepares, he shares so much more than his recipes for apple galette or the perfect martini, or even his tips for deboning poultry. Edward is teaching Isabel the luxury of slowing down and taking the time to think through everything she does, to deconstruct her own life, cutting it back to the bone and examining the guts, no matter how messy that proves to be. Dinner with Edward is a book about sorrow and joy, love and nourishment, and about how dinner with a friend can, in the words of M.F.K. Fisher, 'sustain us against the hungers of the world'"--
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Dinner with Edward : the story of a remarkable friendship
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dinner with Edward : the story of a remarkable friendship
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tT0rcXF4cd4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/tT0rcXF4cd4/">Dinner with Edward : the story of a remarkable friendship</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...