The Resource The story of the human body : evolution, health, and disease, Daniel E. Lieberman
- The story of the human body : evolution, health, and disease, Daniel E. Lieberman
- Title remainder
- evolution, health, and disease
- Statement of responsibility
- Daniel E. Lieberman
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- What are humans adapted for? -- Upstanding apes: how we became bipeds -- Much depends on dinner: how the Australopiths partly weaned us off fruit -- The first hunter-gatherers: how nearly modern bodies evolved in the human genus -- Energy in the ice age: how we evolved big brains along with large, fat, gradually growing bodies -- A very cultured species: how modern humans colonized the world with a combination of brains plus brawn -- Progress, mismatch, and dysevolution: the consequences -- good and bad -- of having paleolithic bodies in a post-paleolithic world -- Paradise lost?: the fruits and follies of becoming farmers -- Modern times, modern bodies: the paradox of human health in the industrial era -- The vicious circle of too much: why too much energy can make us sick -- Disuse: why we are losing it by not using it -- The hidden dangers of novelty and comfort: how everyday innovations can damage us -- Survival of the fitter: can evolutionary logic help cultivate a better future for the human body?
- Control code
- 25 cm
- First edition.
- xii, 460 pages
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
ContextContext of The story of the human body : evolution, health, and disease, Daniel E. Lieberman
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The story of the human body : evolution, health, and disease, Daniel E. Lieberman
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/t0pnrbXsOKo/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/t0pnrbXsOKo/">The story of the human body : evolution, health, and disease, Daniel E. Lieberman</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...