The Resource The Spanish queen : a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon
- The Spanish queen : a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon
- Title remainder
- a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon
- Statement of responsibility
- Carolly Erickson
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1485-1509 -- Fiction.
- Catharine, of Aragon, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1485-1536 -- Fiction.
- Biographical fiction.
- Queens -- Great Britain -- Fiction.
- Catharine, of Aragon, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1485-1536
- Historical fiction.
- "From the New York Times bestselling author of The Last Wife of Henry VIII comes a powerful and moving novel about Catherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first wife and mother of Mary I When young Catherine of Aragon, proud daughter of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, is sent to England to marry the weak Prince Arthur, she is unprepared for all that awaits her: early widowhood, the challenge of warfare with the invading Scots, and the utimately futile attempt to provide the realm with a prince to secure the succession. She marries Arthur's energetic, athletic brother Henry, only to encounter fresh obstacles, chief among them Henry's infatuation with the alluring but wayward Anne Boleyn. In The Spanish Queen, bestselling novelist Carolly Erickson allows the strong-willed, redoubtable Queen Catherine to tell her own story--a tale that carries her from the scented gardens of Grenada to the craggy mountains of Wales to the conflict-ridden Tudor court. Surrounded by strong partisans among the English, and with the might of Spanish and imperial arms to defend her, Catherine soldiers on, until her union with King Henry is severed and she finds herself discarded--and tempted to take the most daring step of her life. Carolly Erickson's historical entertainments continue to succeed in creating a unique blend of historical authenticity and page-turning drama."--
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S73 2013
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Spanish queen : a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Spanish queen : a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/t-rDp-Z6bLY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/t-rDp-Z6bLY/">The Spanish queen : a novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...