The Resource Goliath
- Statement of responsibility
- Tom Gauld
- David, roi d'IsraÃ«l -- Bandes dessinÃ©es.
- Bible -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Goliath, (Biblical giant) -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels
- Romans graphiques.
- Goliath, (GÃ©ant biblique) -- Bandes dessinÃ©es.
- Goliath, (Biblical giant)
- Bible stories, English -- O.T. Samuel, 1st -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- David, King of Israel -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- RÃ©cits bibliques anglais -- A.T. Samuel, 1er -- Bandes dessinÃ©es.
- This story reworks the David-and-Goliath myth. Goliath of Gath isn't much of a fighter. Given half a choice, he would pick administrative work over patrolling in a heartbeat, to say nothing of his distaste for engaging in combat. Nonetheless, at the behest of the king, he finds himself issuing a twice daily challenge to the Israelites: "Choose a man. Let him come to me that we may fight. If he be able to kill me then we shall be your servants. But if I kill him, then you shall be our servants." Day after day he reluctantly repeats his speech, and the isolation of this duty gives him the chance to banter with his shield-bearer and reflect on the beauty of his surroundings. This is the story of David and Goliath as seen from Goliath's side of the Valley of Elah. Quiet moments in Goliath's life as a soldier are accentuated by the author's drawing style, which contrasts minimalist scenery and near-geometric humans with densely crosshatched detail reminiscent of Edward Gorey. Goliath's battle is simultaneously tragic and bleakly funny, as bureaucracy pervades even this most mythic of figures. Goliath displays a sensitive wit, a bold line, and a traditional narrative reworked, remade, and revolutionized
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2012.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novel for Teens, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- G65 2011
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Goliath
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Goliath
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qZ3QhMpKrQc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qZ3QhMpKrQc/">Goliath</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...