The Resource The Magdalene sisters
- The Magdalene sisters
- Statement of responsibility
- Miramax Films ... [et al.] ; a film by Peter Mullan ; produced by Frances Higson ; written and directed by Peter Mullan
- Magdalen Asylum (Ireland) -- Drama.
- Women -- Institutional care -- Ireland -- Drama.
- Women -- Crimes against -- Ireland -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Church work with women -- Ireland -- Catholic Church | Drama.
- Church work with unmarried mothers -- Ireland -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Unmarried mothers -- Ireland -- Drama.
- Convents -- Ireland -- Drama.
- Reformatories for women -- Ireland -- Drama.
- Women -- Ireland -- Social conditions | Drama.
- In Ireland in the 1960s, four women were sent to the Magdalene Laundries, an institution for "fallen" women, where they will atone for their sins through a regimented life of work and prayer. They all had to work in the laundry, where the strict nuns would break everyone's wills through sadistic punishment. Based on a true story
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Nigel Willoughby ; editor, Colin Monie ; music composer, Craig Armstrong ; costume designer, Trisha Biggar ; production designer, Mark Leese ; special effects supervisor, Steve Breheney
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for violence/cruelty, nudity, sexual content and language
- Language note
- Closed-captioned. English and French soundtracks with optional English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Geraldine McEwan, Anne-Marie Duff, Nora-Jane Noone, Dorothy Duffy, Eileen Walsh, Mary Murray, Britta Smith, Frances Healy, Eithne McGuinness
- live action
ContextContext of The Magdalene sisters
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Magdalene sisters
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qSTWuVgHqx8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qSTWuVgHqx8/">The Magdalene sisters</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...