The Resource They left us everything : a memoir
- They left us everything : a memoir
- Title remainder
- a memoir
- Statement of responsibility
- Plum Johnson
- Johnson, Plum -- Homes and haunts -- Ontario | Oakville.
- Adult children of aging parents -- Family relationships -- Canada.
- House selling -- Psychological aspects.
- Personal belongings -- Psychological aspects.
- Aging parents -- Care -- Canada.
- Parent and adult child.
- Johnson, Plum
- Johnson, Plum -- Family.
- House furnishings -- Psychological aspects.
- Caregivers -- Canada -- Biography.
- Families -- Psychological aspects.
- "A warm, heartfelt memoir of family, loss, and a house jam-packed with decades of goods and memories. After almost twenty years of caring for elderly parents--first for their senile father, and then for their cantankerous ninety-three-year old mother--author Plum Johnson and her three younger brothers have finally fallen to their middle-aged knees with conflicted feelings of grief and relief. Now they must empty and sell the beloved family home, twenty-three rooms bulging with history, antiques, and oxygen tanks. Plum thought: How tough will that be? I know how to buy garbage bags. But the task turns out to be much harder and more rewarding than she ever imagined. Items from childhood trigger difficult memories of her eccentric family growing up in the 1950s and '60s, but unearthing new facts about her parents helps her reconcile those relationships, with a more accepting perspective about who they were and what they valued. They Left Us Everything is a funny, touching memoir about the importance of preserving family history to make sense of the past, and nurturing family bonds to safeguard the future"--
- Charles Taylor Prize for Literary Non-Fiction (Canada), 2015.
- Evergreen Award (Ontario), 2016.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .J636 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of They left us everything : a memoir
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work They left us everything : a memoir
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qO8JafGhUQ8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/qO8JafGhUQ8/">They left us everything : a memoir</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...