The Resource Alphabet of dreams
- Alphabet of dreams
- Statement of responsibility
- Susan Fletcher
- Princesses -- Juvenile fiction.
- Princesses -- Fiction.
- Jesus Christ -- Nativity -- Juvenile fiction.
- Zoroastrianism -- Fiction.
- Zoroastrianism -- Juvenile fiction.
- Iran -- History -- To 640 -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Jesus Christ -- Nativity -- Fiction.
- Dreams -- Juvenile fiction.
- Iran -- History -- To 640 -- Fiction.
- Dreams -- Fiction.
- Jesus Christ -- Nativity
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Fourteen-year-old Mitra, of royal Persian lineage, and her five-year-old brother Babak, whose dreams foretell the future, flee for their lives in the company of the magus Melchoir and two other Zoroastrian priests, traveling through Persia as they follow star signs leading to a newly-born king in Bethlehem. Includes historial notes. Mitra and her little brother, Babak, are beggars in the city of Rhagae, scratching out a living as best as they can with what they can beg for--or steal. But Mitra burns with hope and ambition, for she and Babak are not what they seem. They are of royal blood, but their father's ill-fated plot against the evil tyrant, King Phraates, has resulted in their father's death and their exile. Now disguised as a boy, Mitra has never given up believing they can rejoin what is left of their family and regain their rightful standing in the world. Then they discover that Babak has a strange gift: If he sleeps with an item belonging to someone, he can know that person's dreams. Mitra believes that they can use this gift to find passage back to the city of Palmyra and their remaining kinsmen. But soon Babak and his abilities come to the attention of a powerful Magus -- one who has read portents in the stars of the coming of a new king and the dawn of a new age. Soon Mitra and Babak find themselves on the road to Bethlehem
- Leslie Bradshaw Award for Young Adult Literature (Oregon), 2007.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2007
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 12 up
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Alp 2006
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Alphabet of dreams
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Alphabet of dreams
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/q-E2XQT1plg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/q-E2XQT1plg/">Alphabet of dreams</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...