The Resource A time to act : John F. Kennedy's big speech
- A time to act : John F. Kennedy's big speech
- Statement of responsibility
- words by Shana Corey ; illustrated by R. Gregory Christie
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Influence.
- African Americans -- Civil rights | History -- 20th century -- Juvenile literature.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963 -- Juvenile literature.
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Juvenile literature.
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Influence -- Juvenile literature.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989 -- Juvenile literature.
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Kennedy, John F., (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature.
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American -- Juvenile literature.
- ""The time has come for this Nation to fulfill its promise." John F. Kennedy was born one hundred years ago. As America's thirty-fifth president, he often took bold actions: establishing a peace corps and challenging Americans to land on the moon. But on civil rights, it took the urging and the example of other courageous people--leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr. and Jackie Robinson, and even students and children--to help him realize that the time to act was NOW. On June 11, 1963, Kennedy's "big speech"--His civil rights address--was a game changer, and his efforts laid the groundwork for the Civil Rights Act of 1964; but our country's work is not finished. Acclaimed author Shana Corey and artist R. Gregory Christie deliver a fresh and deeply human look at one of our country's most inspiring presidents, underscoring the greatness and fallibility of our leaders and how each one of us, no matter who we are, have the power to make a difference. With quotes from JFK's speeches, detailed back matter, and a thought-provoking author's note, this biography offers a sensitive look at a tumultuous time in history and compelling questions about effecting positive change today"--
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography
- Biographies -- Politics | Political leaders | Presidents
- Picture books for children
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963
- African Americans -- Civil rights | History -- 20th century
- Narrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- School Library Journal Best Nonfiction Book, 2017.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- C67 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
- John F. Kennedys big speech
ContextContext of A time to act : John F. Kennedy's big speech
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A time to act : John F. Kennedy's big speech
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/pTkGxXCUbgI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/pTkGxXCUbgI/">A time to act : John F. Kennedy's big speech</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...