The Resource Bettyville : a memoir
- Bettyville : a memoir
- Title remainder
- a memoir
- Statement of responsibility
- George Hodgman
- Sons -- Family relationships -- United States.
- Aging parents -- Care -- United States.
- Hodgman, George.
- Gay men -- Family relationships -- United States.
- Hodgman, George
- Caregivers -- United States -- Biography.
- Mothers and sons -- United States.
- Adult children of aging parents -- United States -- Biography.
- "When George Hodgman leaves Manhattan for his hometown of Paris, Missouri, he finds himself--an unlikely caretaker and near-lethal cook--in a head-on collision with his aging mother, Betty, a woman of wit and will. Will George lure her into assisted living? When hell freezes over. He can't bring himself to force her from the home both treasure--the place where his father's voice lingers, the scene of shared jokes, skirmishes, and, behind the dusty antiques, a rarely acknowledged conflict: Betty, who speaks her mind but cannot quite reveal her heart, has never really accepted the fact that her son is gay. As these two unforgettable characters try to bring their different worlds together, Hodgman reveals the challenges of Betty's life and his own struggle for self-respect, moving readers from their small town-crumbling but still colorful-to the star-studded corridors of Vanity Fair. "--
- Life stories -- Identity | LGBTQIA
- Gay men -- Family relationships
- Children of aging parents -- Biography
- Sons -- Family relationships
- Aging parents -- Care
- Family and relationships -- Aging and death
- Middle West
- Caregivers -- Biography
- Mothers and sons
- Life stories -- Relationships | Parent and child
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Library Journal Best Books 2015
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .H63 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Bettyville : a memoir
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bettyville : a memoir
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ooCVCWRCPIs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ooCVCWRCPIs/">Bettyville : a memoir</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...