The Resource Gran Torino
- Gran Torino
- Statement of responsibility
- Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Double Nickel Entertainment ; a Malpaso Production ; directed and produced by Clint Eastwood ; screenplay by Nick Schenk ; story by David Johannson & Nick Schenk ; produced by Robert Lorenz, Bill Gerber
- Title variation
- Clint Eastward : Gran Torino
- Hmong American teenage boys -- Michigan -- Drama.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Crime films.
- Gangs -- Michigan -- Drama.
- Hmong American families -- Michigan -- Drama.
- Family -- Michigan -- Drama.
- Widowers -- Michigan -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- Torino automobile -- Drama.
- Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Walt is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors. He is a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor, Thao, a young Hmong teenager, becomes pressured by his gang member cousin to steal Walt's Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Thao's family, Walt is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that infest their neighborhood
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Tom Stern ; editors, Joel Cox, Gary D. Roach ; music by Kyle Eastwood, Michael Stevens
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for language throughout, and some violence
- Language note
- English, French, or Spanish dialogue; optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Clint Eastwood, Bee Vang, Ahney Her, Christopher Carley, Brian Haley, Geraldine Hughes, Dreama Walker, Brian Howe, John Carroll Lynch, William Hill
- live action
ContextContext of Gran Torino
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Gran Torino
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/nxMRK5apKHk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/nxMRK5apKHk/">Gran Torino</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...