The Resource Into the abyss : a tale of death, a tale of life
- Into the abyss : a tale of death, a tale of life
- Title remainder
- a tale of death, a tale of life
- Statement of responsibility
- Creative Differences and Skellig Rock in association with Spring Films and Werner Herzog Film present ; a film by Werner Herzog ; produced by Erik Nelson ; written and directed by Werner Herzog
- Feature films -- United States.
- Death row inmates -- Texas | Conroe.
- Capital punishment -- United States.
- Burkett, Jason.
- Perry, Michael, d. 2010.
- Feature films -- Great Britain.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Feature films -- Germany.
- Murder -- Psychological aspects.
- "In his fascinating exploration of a triple homicide case iin Conroe, Texas, master filmmaker Werner Herzog ... probes the human psyche to explore why people kill--and why a state kills. Through intimate conversations with those involved, including 28-year-old death row inmate Michael Perry (scheduled to die within eights days of appearing on-screen), Herzog achieves what he describes as 'a gaze into the abyss of the human soul.' Herzog's inquiries also extend to the families of the victims and perpetrators as well as a state executioner and pastor who've been with death row prisoners as they've taken their final breaths. As he's so often done before, Herzog's investigation unveils layers of humanity, making an enlightening trip out of ominous territory." -- Container
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Peter Zeitlinger ; editor, Joe Bini ; music, Mark Degliantoni
- Dewey number
- Language note
- In English, optional Spanish subtitles ; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH)
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .I58 2012
- Jason Burkett, Werner Herzog, Michael Perry
- live action
ContextContext of Into the abyss : a tale of death, a tale of life
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Into the abyss : a tale of death, a tale of life
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/n_Vel0WHwC0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/n_Vel0WHwC0/">Into the abyss : a tale of death, a tale of life</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...