The Resource The meaning of Michelle : 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own
- The meaning of Michelle : 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own
- Title remainder
- 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Veronica Chambers
- "Michelle Obama is unlike any other First Lady in American History. From her first moments on the public stage, she has challenged traditional American notions about what it means to be beautiful, to be strong, to be fashion-conscious, to be healthy, to be First Mom, to be a caretaker and hostess, and to be partner to the most powerful man in the world. As Hillary Clinton has said, admiringly about Michelle Obama, our soon to be ex-First Lady exemplifies "the ideal concept of American womanhood." What is remarkable is that, at 52, she is just getting started. While many books have looked at Michelle Obama from a fashion perspective, no book has fully explored what Michelle Obama means to our culture. The Meaning of Michelle will do just that, while offering a parting gift to a landmark moment in American history. This deliciously readable collection presents a chorus of diverse voices with smart, engaging perspectives on Michelle Obama. There will be a preface by Ava Duvernay and an introduction by Veronica Chambers. Confirmed contributors include Roxane Gay, Rebecca Walker, Chirlene McCray, Melissa Harris Perry, Brittney Cooper, Tiffany Dufu, Alicia Hall Moran and Jason Moran, Sarah Lewis, Dr. Janet Taylor, Benilde Little, Marcus Samuelsson, Phillipa Soo and Cathi Hanauer. "--
- Becoming the wife.
- Cooking with a narrative.
- Michelle in high cotton.
- On being flawlessly imperfect.
- We go way back.
- Two black first ladies walk into a room.
- Lady O and King Bey.
- She slays: Michelle Obama & the power of dressing like you mean it.
- Crushing on Michelle: or the unapologetic power of blackness.
- Composer and the brain: a conversation about music, power, creativity, partnership...and the Obamas.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- M43 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The meaning of Michelle : 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The meaning of Michelle : 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/mKX5sCxQ3Yo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/mKX5sCxQ3Yo/">The meaning of Michelle : 16 writers on the iconic first lady and how her journey inspires our own</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...