The Resource Patagonian road : a year alone through Latin America
- Patagonian road : a year alone through Latin America
- Title remainder
- a year alone through Latin America
- Statement of responsibility
- Kate McCahill
- Self-actualization (Psychology)
- McCahill, Kate, 1984- -- Travel -- Latin America
- Women -- Travel -- Latin America.
- Latin America -- Social life and customs.
- McCahill, Kate, 1984- -- Travel -- Latin America.
- Latin America -- Description and travel.
- Travel -- Psychological aspects.
- Travel writing
- Americans -- Travel -- Latin America.
- Latin America -- History, Local.
- "Spanning four seasons, ten countries, three teaching jobs, and countless buses, Patagonian Road : A Year Alone Through Latin America chronicles Kate McCahill's solo journey from Guatemala to Argentina. In her struggles with language, romance, culture, service, and homesickness, she personifies a growing culture of women for whom travel is not a path to love but a route to meaningful work, rare inspiration, and profound self-discovery. Following the route Paul Theroux outlined in his 1979 travelogue, The Old Patagonian Express, McCahill transports the reader from a classroom in a rugged Quito barrio to a dingy rented room in an El Salvadorian brothel, and from the storied neighborhoods of Buenos Aires to the heights the Peruvian Andes. A testament to courage, solitude, and the rewards of taking risks, Patagonian Road proves that discovery, clarity, and simplicity remain possible in the 21st century, and that travel holds an enduring capacity to transform"--Provided by publisher
- English language teachers
- Bus travel
- Life stories -- Personal growth
- Travel Writing -- Women Travelers
- Travel Writing -- Central and South America
- Language barrier
- Intercultural communication
- Latin America
- Women travelers
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Voyages and travels
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M36 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Patagonian road : a year alone through Latin America
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Patagonian road : a year alone through Latin America
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/m167mFwo6V0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/m167mFwo6V0/">Patagonian road : a year alone through Latin America</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...