The Resource Charlie Wilson's war
- Charlie Wilson's war
- Statement of responsibility
- Universal Pictures ; Playtone ; Participant Productions ; Relativity Media ; produced by Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks ; screenplay by Aaron Sorkin ; directed by Mike Nichols
- Title variation
- Tom Hanks : Charlie Wilson's war
- Biographical -- Feature.
- Estados Unidos -- PolÃtica -- Teatro.
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- ComitÃ©s -- Estados Unidos -- Teatro.
- Afghanistan -- History -- Soviet occupation, 1979-1989 -- Drama.
- Fund raisers (Persons) -- Texas -- Drama.
- United States -- Committees -- Drama.
- Wilson, Charles, 1933- -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Fiction films.
- Military assistance, American -- Afghanistan.
- Legislators -- United States -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
- In the early 1980s, Charlie Wilson is best known as a womanizing US congressional representative from Texas. He seemed to be in the minor leagues, except for the fact that he is a member of two major foreign policy and covert-ops committees. However, once Charlie is prodded by his major conservative supporter, Joanne Herring, Wilson learns about the plight of the people who are suffering from the effects of the brutal Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. With the help of the maverick CIA agent, Gust Avrakotos, Wilson dedicates his canny political efforts to supply the Afghan mujahideen with the weapons and support needed to defeat the Soviet Union. Ultimately, Charlie learns that while military victory can be obtained, there are other consequences and prices to that fight that are ignored to everyone's sorrow. Based on a true story
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Stephen Goldblatt ; editors, John Bloom, Antonia Van Drimmelen ; music, James Newton Howard ; costume designer, Albert Wolsky ; production designer, Victor Kempster
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: R; for stronge language, nudity/sexual content and drug use
- Language note
- English, dubbed French or dubbed Spanish dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- C437554 2008
- Tom Hanks, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Charlie Wilson's war
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Charlie Wilson's war
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/leFB8Rb2MYc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/leFB8Rb2MYc/">Charlie Wilson's war</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...