The Resource Treachery at Lancaster Gate : a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel
- Treachery at Lancaster Gate : a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel
- Title remainder
- a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Anne Perry
- Historical fiction
- Pitt, Thomas (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Bombings -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- Victoria, 1837-1901 -- Fiction.
- Pitt, Charlotte (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Police -- England | London -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction
- London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Thomas Pitt arrives at a devastating bombing in Lancaster Gate to find two policemen dead and three more gravely wounded. London's anarchists are blamed, but as Pitt and Inspector Tellman investigate they find it looks increasingly like a personal vendetta against those particular men. Did they lie about a drugs raid that went fatally wrong, and let an innocent man hang? The idea of police dishonesty cuts Tellman to the quick--he joined the force to protect society, not exploit it. But he must uncover the truth, however much he wants to resist the signs of blackmail and corruption. With the threat of further bombings, and their superiors pushing for a quick resolution, Pitt and Tellman find their every move scrutinised, and their own lives suddenly at risk
- Police misconduct
- Police spouses
- Criminal investigation
- Pitt, Thomas (Fictitious character)
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Murder investigation
- Pitt, Charlotte (Fictitious character)
- Husband-and-wife detectives
- Historical mysteries
- London, England -- History -- 19th century
- Victorian mysteries
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Thomas and Charlotte Pitt mysteries,
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Treachery at Lancaster Gate : a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Treachery at Lancaster Gate : a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/kPnf2wTKwgQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/kPnf2wTKwgQ/">Treachery at Lancaster Gate : a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...