The Resource My friend Dahmer : a graphic novel
- My friend Dahmer : a graphic novel
- Title remainder
- a graphic novel
- Statement of responsibility
- [text and illustrations] by Derf Backderf ; [editor, Charles Kochman]
- Nineteen seventies -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Problem youth -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- High school students -- Ohio -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Behavior disorders in adolescence -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Friends and associates -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Derf -- Childhood and youth -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels
- Male friendship -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey, 1960-1994
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Childhood and youth -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Dahmer, Jeffrey -- Family -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- High schools -- Ohio -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Serial murderers -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Biographical comic books, strips, etc.
- "You only think you know this story. In 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer, the most notorious serial killer since Jack the Ripper, seared himself into the American consciousness. To the public, Dahmer was a monster who committed unthinkable atrocities. To Derf Backderf, 'Jeff' was a much more complex figure: a high school friend with whom he had shared classrooms, hallways, and car rides. In [this story], a haunting and original graphic novel, writer-artist Backderf creates a surprisingly sympathetic portrait of a disturbed young man struggling against the morbid urges emanating from the deep recesses of his psyche-- a shy kid, a teenage alcoholic, and a goofball who never quite fit in with his classmates. With profound insight, what emerges is a Jeffrey Dahmer that few ever really knew, and one readers will never forget."--Amazon.com
- Suburban life
- Alcoholic teenagers
- Books for reluctant readers
- Comics and Graphic novels
- Teenagers -- Friendship
- Teenage boys -- Psychology
- Psychoses in teenagers
- Growing up
- Adult books for young adults
- Life stories -- Law and order | Criminals and law-breakers
- Graphic novels
- High school students
- High schools
- Life stories -- Relationships | Growing up
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Middle West -- History -- 20th century
- True Crime -- Murder
- Biographical comics
- Books to movies
- Alex Award, 2013.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novel for Teens, 2013.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2013.
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .D47 2012
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of My friend Dahmer : a graphic novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work My friend Dahmer : a graphic novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/kC-_3MFkcsk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/kC-_3MFkcsk/">My friend Dahmer : a graphic novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...