The Resource Beethoven : the man revealed, John Suchet
- Beethoven : the man revealed, John Suchet
- Title remainder
- the man revealed
- Statement of responsibility
- John Suchet
- Includes index
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- The Spaniard : in which a momentous life begins -- The right teacher : this boy could become 'a second Mozart' -- Meeting Mozart : watch out for that boy -- Word spreads : young Beethoven as kitchen scullion -- Impressing the Viennese : but Haydn feels the wrath of an angry young man -- My poor hearing haunts me : but there is 'a dear charming girl who loves me' -- Only my art held me back : in which Beethoven considers suicide -- Egyptian hieroglyphics : Napoleon is no more than 'a common tyrant' -- O, beloved J! : musical failure, but will Beethoven succeed in love? -- A deeply immoral woman : Beethoven holds the most important concert of his life, and is offered a job -- Under cannon fire : in which Beethoven once again tries his luck at love -- Immortal beloved : 'my angel, my all, my very self' -- An utterly untamed personality : Beethoven turns again to his 'poor shipwrecked opera' -- Into the witness box : how the single letter 'o' ruined Beethoven's life -- A musical gift from London : how Rossini found Beethoven 'disorderly and dirty' -- 'I want to be a soldier' : in which Beethoven gets drunk with friends -- Two pistols and gunpowder : an invitation to get away from it all -- Frightening the oxen : 'The greatest composer of the century, and you treated him like a servant!' -- Terminally ill : 'His face was damp, he spat blood' -- The last master : 'He was an artist, but a man as well.'
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- xv, 389 pages
- Other physical details
- illustrations (chiefly color)
ContextContext of Beethoven : the man revealed, John Suchet
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Beethoven : the man revealed, John Suchet
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/jZPgArLBUnE/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/jZPgArLBUnE/">Beethoven : the man revealed, John Suchet</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...