The Resource Gold rush and riches
- Gold rush and riches
- Statement of responsibility
- Paul Robert Walker
- Frontier and pioneer life -- California
- California -- Gold discoveries.
- California -- History -- 1846-1850.
- California -- Gold discoveries
- Frontier and pioneer life -- California.
- California -- History -- 19th century
- Gold mines and mining -- California -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature.
- California -- Gold discoveries | History -- 19th century.
- Gold mines and mining -- West (U.S.) -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature.
- West (U.S.) -- Gold discoveries | History -- 19th century.
- "In 1848, carpenter James Marshall made a chance discovery that would change the face of the American West. That discovery: a few shiny flakes-of gold in a riverbed he was digging. Within a year 800,000 gold-seekers from all over the world were on their way to California, and the Gold Rush was on. This book covers the entire period of the boom-and-bust of one of the greatest expansion periods in US history-from the dangers of the journey, to the rough and tumble of the mining settlements, the day-to-day life of a miner and those who provided services to him, the easy-come-easy-go fortunes won and lost, and the Boomtowns that turned to Ghost Towns when the rush was over. Packed with period photographs, original artifacts, illustrations of daily life in the mining towns, and plenty of historical detail, this book will capture the imagination of young readers who love the idea of striking it rich"--From publisher's website
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- All about America
- Target audience
ContextContext of Gold rush and riches
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Gold rush and riches
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/i5y66Ksd0Lo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/i5y66Ksd0Lo/">Gold rush and riches</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...