The Resource She left me the gun : my mother's life before me
- She left me the gun : my mother's life before me
- Title remainder
- my mother's life before me
- Statement of responsibility
- Emma Brockes
- Brockes, Emma -- Travel -- South Africa.
- Child sexual abuse -- South Africa -- Case studies.
- Fathers -- Violence against -- South Africa -- Case studies.
- Brockes, Pauline Dulcie -- Childhood and youth.
- Brockes, Emma -- Family.
- South Africa -- Description and travel.
- Brockes, Pauline Dulcie -- Childhood and youth
- South Africa -- Biography.
- Abusive men -- South Africa -- Case studies.
- Brockes, Emma -- Family
- Mothers and daughters -- Biography.
- Brockes, Emma -- Travel -- South Africa
- "One day I will tell you the story of my life," promises Emma Brockes's mother, "and you will be amazed." Brockes grew up hearing only pieces of her mother's past--stories of a rustic childhood in South Africa, glimpses of a bohemian youth in London--and yet knew that crucial facts were still in the dark. A mystery to her friends and family, Paula was clearly a strong, self-invented woman; glamorous, no-nonsense, and frequently out of place in their quaint English village. Looking to unearth the truth after Paula's death, Brockes begins a dangerous journey into the land--and the life--her mother fled from years before. As she follows her mother's footsteps back to South Africa, Brockes begins to find the wellsprings of her mother's strength, the tremendous endurance which allowed Paula to hide terrible secrets from even her closest friends and family.--From publisher description
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Abuse survivors
- South Africa
- Family secrets
- Family and Relationships -- Abuse
- Fathers -- Death
- Attempted murder
- Child sexual abuse
- Abusive men
- Family violence
- Adult child sexual abuse victims
- Mothers -- Death
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Violence in men
- Mothers and daughters
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- B76 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
- my mothers life before me
ContextContext of She left me the gun : my mother's life before me
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work She left me the gun : my mother's life before me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/fOp0oY-1NlU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/fOp0oY-1NlU/">She left me the gun : my mother's life before me</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...