The Resource An inconvenient truth : the crisis of global warming
- An inconvenient truth : the crisis of global warming
- Title remainder
- the crisis of global warming
- Statement of responsibility
- Al Gore ; [adapted for young readers by Jane O'Connor]
- Title variation
- Crisis of global warming
- Greenhouse effect, Atmospheric -- Juvenile literature.
- Human ecology.
- Environmental protection -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Environmental policy -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Global warming -- United States -- Juvenile literature
- Global warming -- Juvenile literature.
- Greenhouse effect, Atmospheric -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- This young readers' version of the recent documentary film's companion adult volume cuts the page count by about a third but preserves the original's cogent message and many of its striking visuals. After explaining that his interest in the environment predates even his mother's reading of Silent Spring aloud to him as a teenager, Gore proceeds to document steeply rising carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere, and then to link that to accelerating changes in temperature and precipitation patterns worldwide. Using easy-to-grasp graphics and revealing before-and-after photos, he shows how glaciers and ice shelves are disappearing all over the globe with alarming speed, pointing to profound climate changes and increased danger from rising sea levels in the near future. O'Connor rephrases Gore's arguments in briefer, simpler language without compromising their flow, plainly intending to disturb readers rather than frighten them. He writes measured, matter-of-fact prose, letting facts and trends speak for themselves but, suggesting that "what happens locally has worldwide consequences," he closes with the assertion that we will all have to "change the way we live our lives." Like the film, this title may leave readers to look elsewhere for both documentation and for specific plans of action, but as an appeal to reason it's as polished and persuasive as it can be
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- G67 2007
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of An inconvenient truth : the crisis of global warming
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work An inconvenient truth : the crisis of global warming
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/fGuBuLVmUE4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/fGuBuLVmUE4/">An inconvenient truth : the crisis of global warming</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...