The Resource Kick Kennedy : the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter
- Kick Kennedy : the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter
- Title remainder
- the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter
- Statement of responsibility
- Barbara Leaming
- Kennedy family.
- Kennedy, Kathleen, 1920-1948
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Presidents -- United States -- Brothers and sisters -- Biography.
- Aristocracy (Social class) -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Kennedy, Kathleen, 1920-1948.
- Americans -- England | London -- Biography.
- Kennedy family
- Young women -- United States -- Biography.
- Socialites -- United States -- Biography.
- Catholics -- England -- Biography.
- Young women -- England | London -- Biography.
- "Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy was the incandescent life force of the fabled Kennedy family, her father's acknowledged "favorite of all the children" and her brother Jack's "psychological twin." She was the Kennedy of Kennedys, sure of her privilege, magnetically charming and somehow not quite like anyone else on whatever stage she happened to grace. The daughter of the American ambassador to the Court of St. James's, Kick swept into Britain's aristocracy like a fresh wind on a sweltering summer day. In a decaying world where everything was based on stultifying sameness and similarity, she was gloriously, exhilaratingly different. Kick was the girl whom all the boys fell in love with, the girl who remained painfully out of reach for most of them. To Kick, everything about this life was fun and amusing--until suddenly it was not. For this is also a story of how a girl like Kick, a girl who had everything, a girl who seemed made for happiness, confronted crushing sadness. Willing to pay the price for choosing the love she wanted, she would have to face the consequences of forsaking much that was dear to her. Bestselling and award-winning biographer Barbara Leaming draws on her unique access to firsthand accounts, extensive conversations with many of the key players, and previously unseen sources to transport us to another world, one of immense wealth, arcane rituals and rules, glamour and tragedy, that has now disappeared forever."--Provided by publisher
- Presidents -- United States -- Brothers and sisters -- Biography
- Aristocracy -- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century
- Young women -- Biography
- Socialites -- United States -- Biography
- Catholics -- England -- Biography
- Life stories -- People in history | Famous families
- Americans in London, England -- Biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- L43 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Kick Kennedy : the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Kick Kennedy : the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ev9GvViRA1s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ev9GvViRA1s/">Kick Kennedy : the charmed life and tragic death of the favorite Kennedy daughter</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...