The Resource Brave girl : Clara and the shirtwaist makers' strike of 1909
- Brave girl : Clara and the shirtwaist makers' strike of 1909
- Statement of responsibility
- written by Michelle Markel ; Illustrated by Melissa Sweet.
- Lemlich, Clara, 1886-1982 -- Juvenile literature.
- Children's films
- Strikes and lockouts -- Clothing trade -- New York (State) | New York -- Juvenile literature.
- Immigrant children -- United States -- Biography.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Determination (Personality trait) in children -- Juvenile literature.
- Lemlich, Clara, 1886-1982
- Women clothing workers -- New York (State) | New York -- Juvenile literature.
- Child labor -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- International Ladies Garment Workers Union -- History
- Women in the labor movement -- New York (State) | New York -- Juvenile literature.
- Shirtwaist Makers' Strike, New York, N.Y., 1909 -- Juvenile literature.
- When Clara arrived in America, she didn't know that young women had to go to work and grow up fast. But that didn't stop Clara. She went to night school and helped her family by sewing in a factory. She never accepted that girls should be treated poorly with low pay, so she led the largest walkout of women workers the country had seen. She learned that everyone deserved a fair chance, to stand and fight for what she wanted, and, most importantly, that she could do anything she put her mind to
- Women -- Employment | History
- History books -- United States -- Labor movements
- New York City -- History -- 1898-1951
- Shirtwaist Makers Strike, New York City, 1909-1910
- Strikes -- Clothing workers -- New York City
- Working class women
- Picture books for children
- Women clothing workers -- New York City -- History
- Labor unions -- Clothing workers
- United States -- History -- 20th century
- History books -- United States -- Twentieth century | Early 20th century
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2014
- Flora Stieglitz Straus Award, 2014.
- Jane Addams Book Award for Books for Younger Children, 2014.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Nonfiction, 2013
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Language note
- English dialogue; English subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- HD5325.C62 1909
- LC item number
- M37 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Read by Lesa Lockford
- Target audience
- Clara and the Shirtwaist Makers Strike of 1909
ContextContext of Brave girl : Clara and the shirtwaist makers' strike of 1909
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Brave girl : Clara and the shirtwaist makers' strike of 1909
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/elEV1FE1-kY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/elEV1FE1-kY/">Brave girl : Clara and the shirtwaist makers' strike of 1909</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...