The Resource We will not be silent : the White Rose student resistance movement that defied Adolf Hitler
- We will not be silent : the White Rose student resistance movement that defied Adolf Hitler
- Statement of responsibility
- Russell Freedman
- Munich (Germany) -- History -- 20th century.
- Anti-Nazi movement -- Germany | Munich.
- Munich University -- Riot, 1943
- Scholl, Hans, 1918-1943
- College students -- Political activity -- Germany | Munich -- History -- 20th century.
- Universitat Munchen -- Riot, 1943.
- Weisse Rose (Resistance group)
- Scholl, Sophie, 1921-1943
- "In his signature eloquent prose, backed up by thorough research, Russell Freedman tells the story of Austrian-born Hans Scholl and his sister Sophie. They belonged to Hitler Youth as young children, but began to doubt the Nazi regime. As older students, the Scholls and a few friends formed the White Rose, a campaign of active resistance to Hitler and the Nazis. Risking imprisonment or even execution, the White Rose members distributed leaflets urging Germans to defy the Nazi government. Their belief that freedom was worth dying for will inspire young readers to stand up for what they believe in. Archival photographs and prints, source notes, bibliography, index."--
- "The true story of the White Rose, a group of students in Nazi Germany who were active undercover agents of the resistance movement against Hitler and his regime"--
- World War II
- Munich,Germany -- History -- 20th century
- Anti-Nazi movement -- Munich
- College students -- Political activity -- Germany -- History -- 20th century
- White Rose (Anti-Nazi group)
- History books -- Wars -- World War II -- Holocaust
- Biographies -- People in history | Holocaust
- Narrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- Brothers and sisters -- Germany
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2017.
- Parents' Choice Award for Non-Fiction, 2016
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2017
- Golden Kite Award for Nonfiction, 2017.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .F74 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of We will not be silent : the White Rose student resistance movement that defied Adolf Hitler
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work We will not be silent : the White Rose student resistance movement that defied Adolf Hitler
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ekePtg7ZirA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ekePtg7ZirA/">We will not be silent : the White Rose student resistance movement that defied Adolf Hitler</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...