The Resource Truman
- Statement of responsibility
- a David Grubin Productions, Inc. film for American experience ; WGBH Educational Foundation ; written and produced by David Grubin
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Biographical television programs.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1953.
- Presidents -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1953.
- United States -- History -- 1945-1953.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election | History -- 20th century.
- Documentary television programs.
- Presidents' spouses -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Legislators -- Missouri -- Biography.
- Truman, Harry S, 1884-1972.
- Nonfiction television programs.
- Presidents -- United States -- Family -- 20th century.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- The story of the unlikely rise of a gritty American original, Harry Truman. He was a farmer, a bankrupt businessman, an unknown politician from Missouri who suddenly found himself president. Of all the men who had held America's highest office, Harry Truman was the least prepared, but he would prove to be a surprise. Facing some of the biggest crises of the century, Truman would end the war with Germany, use the atomic bomb against Japan, confront an expanding Soviet Union and wage war in Korea-all while the woman he adored, his wife Bess, refused to stay in the White House and play the role of First Lady
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Cinematography by William B. McCullough, James Callanan, Roger Phenix; edited by Geof Bartz, Howard Sharp; music by Michael Bacon ; narrator, Jason Robards
- Intended audience
- MPAA Rating: Not rated; Canadian rating PG
- Language note
- In English; close-captioned in English
- Commentators: Victor G. Reuther, David McCullough, Vernon Jarrett, Alonzo Hamby, Charles Babcock, Sue Gentry, McKinley Wooden, Ruth Gruber, Ken Hechler, Walt Bodine, Wilbur D. Sparks, Patricia Hannegan Roll, Harry Byrd, Robert Jay Lifton, Robert J. Donovan, Walter LaFeber, Marshall D. Shulman, Barton Bernstein, George M. Elsey, Stuart Canin, Clark Clifford, Nelson Lichtenstein, Rex Scouten, Norwood C. Williams, Lucius D. Battle, Ellen W. Schrecker, Dorothy I. Height, Marian Norby, Vernon Walters, Edwin H. Simmons, Floyd M. Boring, Paul Hume
- Series statement
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Truman
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Truman
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/eW1kieUi35I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/eW1kieUi35I/">Truman</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...