The Resource Murder in Chelsea : a gaslight mystery
- Murder in Chelsea : a gaslight mystery
- Title remainder
- a gaslight mystery
- Statement of responsibility
- Victoria Thompson
- Women detectives -- New York (State) | New York -- Fiction.
- Malloy, Frank (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Mystery fiction.
- Brandt, Sarah (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- New York (N.Y.) -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Police -- New York (State) | New York -- Fiction.
- Nannies -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Abandoned children -- Fiction.
- "Sarah Brandt is shattered when she learns that a woman has inquired at Hope's Daughters Mission for Catherine, the abandoned child she has taken as her daughter. The woman claims she was Catherine's nursemaid, now acting on behalf of the girl's mother to reunite them. Unwilling to simply hand Catherine over to a complete stranger, Sarah asks Malloy to investigate. But when he goes to interview the woman at her tenement in Chelsea, he finds she has been murdered. Though her death leaves Sarah's claim to Catherine unchallenged, her sense of justice compels her to work with Malloy to find the killer. Their search takes them from the marble mansions of the Upper West Side to the dilapidated dwellings of lower Manhattan and into the deepest and darkest secrets of Catherine's past. And while Malloy helps Sarah determine the fate of the child she loves, he faces a challenge of his own--and his decision could change both their lives forever.."--
- Crimes against women
- New York City
- Independence in women
- Detectives -- New York City
- Abandoned children
- Murder investigation
- Malloy, Frank (Fictitious character)
- Adult books for young adults
- Upper class
- Historical mysteries
- Women amateur detectives
- Brandt, Sarah (Fictitious character)
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- M863 2013
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Gaslight mysteries;
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Murder in Chelsea : a gaslight mystery
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Murder in Chelsea : a gaslight mystery
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/dXwf4R58HBs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/dXwf4R58HBs/">Murder in Chelsea : a gaslight mystery</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...