The Resource My (part-time) Paris life : how running away brought me home
- My (part-time) Paris life : how running away brought me home
- Title remainder
- how running away brought me home
- Statement of responsibility
- Lisa Anselmo
- Women -- France | Paris -- Biography.
- Mothers and daughters -- United States.
- Paris (France) -- Biography.
- Americans -- France | Paris -- Biography.
- Anselmo, Lisa.
- Self-actualization (Psychology)
- Mothers -- United States -- Death.
- Paris (France) -- Description and travel.
- Anselmo, Lisa
- Anselmo, Lisa -- Homes and haunts -- France | Paris.
- Paris (France) -- Social life and customs.
- "Poignant, touching, and lively, this memoir of a woman who loses her mother and creates a new life for herself in Paris will speak to anyone who has lost a parent or reinvented themselves. Lisa Anselmo wrapped her entire life around her mother, a strong woman who was a defining force in her daughter's life--maybe too defining. When her mother dies from breast cancer, Lisa realizes she hadn't built a life of her own, and struggles to find her purpose. Who is she without her mother--and her mother's expectations? Desperate for answers, she reaches for a lifeline in the form of an apartment in Paris, refusing to play it safe for the first time. What starts out as a lurching act of survival sets Lisa on a course that reshapes her life in ways she never could have imagined. But how can you imagine a life bigger than anything you've ever known? In the vein of Eat, Pray, Love and Wild, My (Part-time) Paris Life a story is for anyone who's ever felt lost or hopeless, but still holds out hope of something more. This candid memoir explores one woman's search for peace and meaning, and how the ups and downs of expat life in Paris taught her to let go of fear, find self-worth, and create real, lasting happiness"--
- Self fulfillment
- Travel writing -- Living abroad
- Americans in France
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | Dealing with death
- Paris, France -- Description and travel
- Life change events
- Life stories -- Relationships | Parent and child
- Autobiographies and memoirs
- Travel writing -- Europe
- Mothers and daughters
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- A3 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of My (part-time) Paris life : how running away brought me home
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work My (part-time) Paris life : how running away brought me home
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/coshCsGfNik/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/coshCsGfNik/">My (part-time) Paris life : how running away brought me home</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...