The Resource You're welcome, universe
- You're welcome, universe
- Statement of responsibility
- Whitney Gardner
- Title variation
- You are welcome, universe
- High school students -- Juvenile fiction.
- Graffiti artists -- Fiction.
- Street art -- Juvenile fiction.
- Graffiti artists -- Juvenile fiction.
- Deaf culture -- Juvenile fiction.
- Artists -- Juvenile fiction.
- Graffiti -- Juvenile fiction.
- Young adult fiction
- Deaf students -- Juvenile fiction.
- Vandalism -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Young adult fiction.
- Street art -- Fiction.
- Children of gay parents -- Juvenile fiction.
- When Julia finds a slur about her best friend scrawled across the back of the Kingston School for the Deaf, she covers it up with a beautiful (albeit illegal) graffiti mural. Her supposed best friend snitches, the principal expels her, and her two mothers set Julia up with a one-way ticket to a "mainstream" school in the suburbs, where she's treated like an outcast as the only deaf student. The last thing she has left is her art, and not even Banksy himself could convince her to give that up. Out in the 'burbs, Julia paints anywhere she can, eager to claim some turf of her own. But Julia soon learns that she might not be the only vandal in town. Someone is adding to her tags, making them better, showing off--and showing Julia up in the process. She expected her art might get painted over by cops. But she never imagined getting dragged into a full-blown graffiti war
- Schneider Family Book Award for Teens, 2018.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Yo 2017
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of You're welcome, universe
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work You're welcome, universe
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/c_k-erP9NFY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/c_k-erP9NFY/">You're welcome, universe</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...