The Resource Agent 110 : an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII
- Agent 110 : an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII
- Title remainder
- an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII
- Statement of responsibility
- Scott Miller
- Title variation
- Agent One Ten
- Agent One Hundred Ten
- Agent 110
- Title variation remainder
- an American spymaster and the German resistance in World War Two
- an American spymaster and the German resistance in World War 2
- Allen Dulles, American spymaster, and the German underground in World War II
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- United States.
- Dulles, Allen Welsh, 1893-1969
- United States -- Biography.
- United States -- Biography
- Espionage, American -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- Intelligence officers -- United States -- Biography.
- Dulles, Allen, 1893-1969.
- Anti-Nazi movement -- Germany.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- Switzerland.
- Spies -- United States -- Biography.
- In November 1942, American spymaster Allen Dulles slipped into Switzerland just before Nazi forces sealed the border. His mission: to report on the inner workings of the Third Reich. Code-named Agent 110 by the OSS, he discovered a network of Germans -- industrialists, students, diplomats, and generals -- conspiring to overthrow Hitler. Dulles was reluctant to help what looked like a lost cause. The Gestapo had penetrated anti-Nazi rings, rounding up their members with ruthless efficiency. Brave attempts to stage a coup or blow Hitler's plane from the sky had failed. Dulles also knew there was little appetite in Washington for giving the German underground what they coveted most -- the assurance that Germany would be well treated after the war. Instead, President Franklin Roosevelt would accept nothing less from Germany than unconditional surrender. Aided by his mistress, an American journalist, Dulles built a network of secret agents and secured the trust of resistance leaders. In clandestine meetings on bridges, in cemeteries, and high in the Alps, he became convinced that Moscow aimed to dominate postwar Europe. His new German friends offered him a chance to thwart those ambitions. Agent 110 organized commando raids and schemed to protect his informants from the Gestapo. He desperately sought Washington's support in Operation Valkyrie, a plan that nearly succeeded in killing Hitler, and worked with a ruthless Nazi SS general to secure the surrender of all German forces in Italy. Dulles himself would eventually lead the CIA during the Cold War, driven by his wartime distrust of the Soviets
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D835 2017
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Agent 110 : an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agent 110 : an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bSne6eplWVw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bSne6eplWVw/">Agent 110 : an American spymaster and the German resistance in WWII</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...