The Resource Tropic thunder
- Tropic thunder
- Statement of responsibility
- Dreamworks Pictures presents a Red Hour production ; directed by Ben Stiller ; screenplay by Justin Theroux & Ben Stiller and Etan Cohen ; story by Ben Stiller & Justin Theroux ; produced by Stuart Cornfeld, Ben Stiller, Eric McLeod ; a Ben Stiller film ; in association with Goldcrest Pictures Limited ; in association with International Film Production Stella-del-Sud Second GmbH & Co. KG ; distributed by Dreamworks/Paramount Distribution
- Soo Hoo, Brandon.
- Hader, Bill, 1978-
- McConaughey, Matthew, 1969-
- Baruchel, Jay, 1982-
- Cohen, Etan.
- Cornfeld, Stuart.
- Tran, Trieu.
- Cruise, Tom, 1962-
- Jackson, Brandon T., 1984-
- Theroux, Justin.
- Nolte, Nick.
- Lee, R. T., (Reggie T.)
- McBride, Danny, 1976-
- Downey, Robert, 1965-
- McLeod, Eric.
- Stiller, Ben, 1965-
- Black, Jack, 1969-
- Coogan, Steve.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Drama.
- Hidden camera photography -- Drama.
- Film adaptations -- Production and direction -- United States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Motion pictures and the war -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
- War films -- Production and direction -- United States -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films -- Parodies, imitations, etc.
- War films -- Parodies, imitations, etc.
- Comedy films
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Watch John 'Four Leaf' Tayback as he fights a gruesome battle during the Vietnam War. But, this is actually a scene from 'Tropic Thunder,' a big-budget adaptation of Tayback's wartime memoir. Starring as the central platoon are Speedman, Lazarus, Chino and Portnoy, as well as young character actor Kevin Sandusky. To play the character of African American Sgt. Osiris, Lazarus dyes his skin dark and refuses to break from character. When a scene goes awry, the film's director, Damien Cockburn goes off. With filming a month behind schedule only five days into shooting, the real 'Four Leaf' takes Cockburn aside and suggests that he drop the actors in a real jungle and use hidden cameras to capture the action. Chaos and insanity ensue
- Credits note
- Director of photography, John Toll ; editor, Greg Hayden ; music, Theodore Shapiro
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Not rated by MPAA
- Language note
- English, French or Spanish audio with English, French, or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .T76 2008
- Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey, Jr., Nick Nolte, Steve Coogan, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Brandon T. Jackson, Bill Hader, Brandon Soo Hoo, Reggie Lee, Trieu Tran, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Cruise
- live action
ContextContext of Tropic thunder
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Tropic thunder
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bR6THdxE_OQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bR6THdxE_OQ/">Tropic thunder</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...