The Resource The march : a novel
- The march : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- E.L. Doctorow.
- Sherman's March through the Carolinas -- Fiction.
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- Sherman, William Tecumseh, 1820-1891
- Large type books
- Confederate States of America
- War stories.
- Historical fiction.
- Sherman's March to the Sea -- Fiction.
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- In 1864, after Union general William Tecumseh Sherman burned Atlanta, he marched his sixty thousand troops east through Georgia to the sea, and then up into the Carolinas. The army fought off Confederate forces and lived off the land, pillaging the Southern plantations, taking cattle and crops for their own, demolishing cities, and accumulating a borne-along population of freed blacks and white refugees until all that remained was the dangerous transient life of the uprooted, the dispossessed, and the triumphant
- Literary fiction
- Historical fiction
- Sherman's March through the Carolinas
- Freed slaves
- Sherman's March to the Sea
- United States Civil War, 1861-1865
- Civil war
- Adult books for young adults
- War stories
- War casualties
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate soldiers
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2005.
- Michael Shaara Prize for Excellence in Civil War Fiction, 2006
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2005.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2005
- PEN-Faulkner Award, 2006.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- M37 2005b
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The march : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The march : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bBbk_6Nkzao/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/bBbk_6Nkzao/">The march : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...