The Resource Why we fight
- Why we fight
- Statement of responsibility
- Sony Pictures Classics presents a Charlotte Street Film ; produced for BBC Storyville in association with Arte and Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; produced by Eugene Jarecki, Susannah Shipman; written and directed by Eugene Jarecki
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century.
- War films.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 2001-
- DVD recording for the hearing impaired.
- Guerra -- Costo.
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 2001-
- Estados Unidos -- Condiciones econÃ3micas -- 2001-
- War -- Feature.
- Iraq War, 2003-
- Economic conversion -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Military-industrial complex -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
- Documentary -- Feature.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 20th century.
- Explores a half-century of U.S. foreign policy from World War II to the Iraq War, revealing how, as Dwight Eisenhower had warned in his 1961 Farewell Address, political and corporate interests have become alarmingly entangled in the business of war. On a deeper level, what emerges is a portrait of a nation in transition--drifting dangerously far from her founding principles toward a more imperial and uncertain future
- Awards note
- Sundance Film Festival, 2005: Grand Jury Prize - Documentary (Eugene Jarecki).
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Camera, Etienne Sauret, May Ying Welsh, Brett Wiley ; music, Robert Miller ; editor, Nancy Kennedy ; field correspondents, Mary Jane Robinson, May Ying Welsh
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for disturbing war images and brief language
- Language note
- English dialogue with optional French, Spanish or Portuguese subtitles; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .W49 2006
- Interviews with Senator John McCain, Gore Vidal, John S.D. Eisenhower, Dan Rather
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Why we fight
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Why we fight
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/aEErrQqam6Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/aEErrQqam6Y/">Why we fight</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...