The Resource Class warfare : inside the fight to fix America's schools, Steven Brill
- Class warfare : inside the fight to fix America's schools, Steven Brill
- Title remainder
- inside the fight to fix America's schools
- Statement of responsibility
- Steven Brill
- Includes index
- The race -- Juicy words -- The epiphanies -- Be obedient. Be good. Keep your mouth shut. -- If an unfriendly foreign power had attempted -- A hopelessly naive thesis -- A governor and a president take center stage -- Payroll to payroll -- Lighting up the capitol switchboard -- The backlash -- Schoolyard classroom -- The discovery : good teaching matters -- The network -- No child left behind -- Don't worry, it's just a parent -- The union won't allow it -- The idea wasn't just to keep them from killing somebody -- How could the Democrats be against this? -- Seeing George Soros's apartment -- New York realities -- Our party has got to wake up on this -- The co-location trap -- Creating a new school system the hard way -- Colorado says half of you won't graduate -- The pol and the moneymen -- Foxes in the henhouse -- Mounting evidence -- This just seemed so obvious -- More money, no hassles -- Building Harlem success -- This is not a self-esteem movement -- You really don't want to hire me -- Pulling the rug out -- Money meets data -- Hillary for teachers, teachers for Hillary -- Forward, backward in New York -- 45,000 dollars well spent -- Faceless bureaucracy -- Back in the classroom -- Quarantine the data -- Climbing the ladder -- Rhee's choice : your union or 130,000 dollars -- Turning around the USS Gates -- The new Democrats -- Two returns to the classroom -- Wake up, Obama just talked about you -- Inside baseball -- What do you guys think you could do with a hundred billion? -- The chosen four -- They'll do backflips -- Things I can't change from this building -- Widgets -- Agreement in Pittsburgh -- The opposite of venture capital -- Outcomes, not achievement -- Obfuscating the issue, fooling the reviewers -- A shriek on Park Avenue -- The Feinberg gambit -- School reform : the movie -- Firing everyone -- My baby is reading -- Going over to the other side -- A baffling round one -- Varnish on a sinking ship -- Two winners -- Back on the horse in Colorado -- Billionaires trapped in an elevator -- Rhee's breakthrough -- He met with everyone -- A New York breakthrough or mirage? -- Rocky Mountain high -- Honored, humbled, hopeful, and horrified -- She's deKlerk in South Africa. We have to help her. -- The quiet revolution -- Teach like your hair's on fire -- Klein's and Mulgrew's wonderful negotiation -- From inside baseball to public accountability -- Arne, here's the column you've been missing -- Soaring dreams, street-level politics -- Rhee rejected -- I'll email your dad and tell him -- The Mujahideen and the moderates -- Punch, counterpunch -- A marathon, not a sprint
- Control code
- 25 cm.
- 1st Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.
- xii, 478 p.
ContextContext of Class warfare : inside the fight to fix America's schools, Steven Brill
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Class warfare : inside the fight to fix America's schools, Steven Brill
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/_DuqWcfo6KQ/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/_DuqWcfo6KQ/">Class warfare : inside the fight to fix America's schools, Steven Brill</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...