The Resource The guardian : a tale of Andrew Murray
- The guardian : a tale of Andrew Murray
- Title remainder
- a tale of Andrew Murray
- Statement of responsibility
- Jack Whyte
- Title variation
- Title variation remainder
- a tale of Scottish independence
- Robert, I, King of Scots, 1274-1329 -- Fiction.
- Robert, I, King of Scots, 1274-1329
- Wallace, William, Sir, -1305 -- Fiction.
- Scotland -- History -- Robert I, 1306-1329 -- Fiction.
- Scotland -- History -- War of Independence, 1285-1371 -- Fiction.
- Scotland -- History -- Wallace's Rising, 1297-1304 -- Fiction.
- Wallace, William, Sir, d. 1305
- "Some men strive for greatness. And some men find themselves thrust into the role of their nation's saviors. Such are the two heroes who reshaped and reconfigured the entire destiny of the kingdom of Scotland. Wallace the Braveheart would become the only legendary, heroic, commoner in medieval British history; the undying champion of the common man. The other, Robert Bruce, earl of Carrick, would perfect the techniques of guerrilla warfare developed by Wallace and use them to create his own place in history as the greatest king of Scots. In the spring of 1297, the two men meet in Ayr, in the south of Scotland, each having recently lost a young wife, one in childbirth and the other by murder. Each is heartbroken but determined in his grief to defy the ambitions of England and its malignant king, Edward Plantagenet, whose lust to conquer and consume the realm of Scotland is blatant and unyielding. Their combined anger at the injustices of the invading English is about to unleash a storm in Scotland that will last for sixteen years--and destroy England's military power for decades--before giving rise to a new nation of free men." -- Dust jacket
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- G83 2016
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Guardians trilogy Jack Whyte
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The guardian : a tale of Andrew Murray
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The guardian : a tale of Andrew Murray
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/_5_73QLY9MA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/_5_73QLY9MA/">The guardian : a tale of Andrew Murray</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...