The Resource A fine retribution : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure
- A fine retribution : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure
- Title remainder
- an Alan Lewrie naval adventure
- Statement of responsibility
- Dewey Lambdin
- Historical fiction
- Great Britain -- Officers
- Adventure fiction
- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century
- Action and adventure fiction
- Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Ship captains -- Great Britain -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction
- Sea stories
- Lewrie, Alan (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- "Dewey Lambdin is the reigning master of maritime fiction, celebrated as the heir to Patrick O'Brian and C.S. Forester. For over twenty years, his devoted fans have followed the adventures of Alan Lewrie, Royal Navy, from his days as a midshipman to captain of his own ship and, though on somewhat dubious grounds, a baronetcy. Summer, 1809, and Captain Alan Lewrie, RN, wins fame, glory, and prize-money leading his squadron to victory over four French frigates. Battle damage, though, costs Lewrie his command, ship, and crew. He returns to London a hero, but, as weeks on half-pay turn to months, and no new command is offered, he's forced to lease a house and furnish it, unsure if he will ever go to sea again! At least Lewrie can have his portrait done by Miss Jessica Chenery, an intriguing young lady he takes for his wife, after seven years as a widower. In the midst of newly wedded bliss, an old friend poses a project for landing battalion-sized raids on enemy coasts. Though he never expects it to amount to anything, since it's too novel, Lewrie soon finds himself assigned to lead the proposed raid. Despite the stumbling blocks thrown in his way by his foes in the Navy, it's failure and ignominy, or shining success to prove himself to be won and rub their noses in it!"--
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- F56 2017
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Alan Lewrie naval adventures,
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of A fine retribution : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A fine retribution : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ZaK8wE3Qxic/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/ZaK8wE3Qxic/">A fine retribution : an Alan Lewrie naval adventure</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...