The Resource Ernest Hemingway's To have and have not
- Ernest Hemingway's To have and have not
- Statement of responsibility
- Turner Entertainment Co. ; Warner Bros. Pictures, Inc. presents a Warner Bros.-First National picture ; a Howard Hawks production ; screenplay by Jules Furthman and William Faulkner ; directed by Howard Hawks
- Title variation
- To have and have not
- Boats and boating -- Martinique -- Drama.
- War films
- Suspense films
- War films.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France -- Drama.
- Feature films
- War -- Feature
- Man-woman relationships -- Martinique -- Drama.
- Boatmen -- Martinique -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Adventure films.
- Film adaptations.
- Adventure films
- Romance -- Feature
- Thriller -- Feature
- Adventure -- Feature
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Neutrality -- Drama.
- World-weary Harry Morgan is not about to help the Free French. But he and his sidekick, Eddie, are based on the island of Martinique and crew a boat available for hire. Since WWII is raging all around them, business is not what it could be and after a customer who owes them a large sum fails to pay, they are forced to violate their preferred neutrality and to take a job for the French resistance transporting a fugitive on the run from the Nazis to Martinique. Through all this runs the stormy relationship between Harry and Marie "Slim" Browning, a resistance sympathizer and the sassy singer in the club where Morgan spends most of his days
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Sid Hickox ; editor, Christian Nyby ; musical director, Leo F. Forbstein
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Not rated
- Language note
- In English, with English, French, or Spanish subtitles
- LC call number
- LC item number
- E76478 2005
- Humphrey Bogart, Walter Brennan, Lauren Bacall, Dolores Moran, Hoagy Carmichael
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Ernest Hemingway's To have and have not
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ernest Hemingway's To have and have not
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Yjc9H6olW1g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/Yjc9H6olW1g/">Ernest Hemingway's To have and have not</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...