The Resource A walk across the sun : a novel
- A walk across the sun : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- by Corban Addison
- Domestic fiction.
- Electronic books
- Psychological fiction.
- Child trafficking victims -- Fiction.
- Human trafficking -- India -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- India -- Fiction.
- Atlanta (Ga.) -- Fiction.
- Disaster victims -- India -- Fiction.
- Tsunamis -- Coromandel Coast (India) -- Fiction.
- Tamil Nadu (India) -- Fiction.
- Teenage girls -- India -- Fiction.
- Tsunamis -- India | Coromandel Coast -- Fiction.
- When a tsunami rages through their coastal town in India, 17-year-old Ahalya Ghai and her 15-year-old sister Sita are left orphaned and homeless. As they struggle to reach the safe haven of the convent where they attend school, they are abducted by human traffickers and thrust into a hidden world of sexual violence and illicit commerce, where the most valuable prize is the innocence of a child. Halfway across the world, in Washington, D.C., attorney Thomas Clarke faces his own personal and professional crises. Haunted by the tragic death of his infant daughter and estranged from his wife, he makes the fateful decision to pursue a pro bono sabbatical in India with an NGO that prosecutes the subcontinent's human traffickers. In Mumbai, his conscience awakens as he sees firsthand the horrors of the sex trade and the corrupt judicial system that fosters it. When he learns the fate of Ahalya and Sita, Clarke makes it his personal mission to rescue them, setting the stage for a deadly showdown with an international network of ruthless criminals. Spanning three continents and two cultures, this story chronicles an unforgettable journey through the underworld of modern slavery and into the darkest and most resilient corners of the human heart
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- W35 2012
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of A walk across the sun : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A walk across the sun : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/YHUfa-oZ1mc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/YHUfa-oZ1mc/">A walk across the sun : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...