The Resource The hundred-year walk : an Armenian odyssey
- The hundred-year walk : an Armenian odyssey
- Title remainder
- an Armenian odyssey
- Statement of responsibility
- Dawn Anahid MacKeen
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Armenia.
- Armenian massacres, 1915-1923.
- MacKeen, Dawn Anahid -- Travel -- Turkey.
- Young men -- Armenia -- History -- Biography.
- Desert survival -- Syria -- History -- 20th century.
- Mackeen, Dawn Anahid -- Family
- Miskjian, Stepan, 1886-1974.
- Armenian massacres survivors -- Biography.
- Escapes -- Armenia -- History -- 20th century.
- MacKeen, Dawn Anahid -- Family.
- Miskjian, Stepan, 1886-1974
- MacKeen, Dawn Anahid -- Travel -- Syria.
- "The inspiring story of a young Armenian's harrowing escape from genocide and of his granddaughter's quest to retrace his steps. Growing up, Dawn MacKeen heard fragments of her grandfather Stepan's story, of how he was swept up in the deadly mass deportation of Armenians during World War I and of how he miraculously managed to escape. Longing for a fuller picture of Stepan's life--and the lost home her family fled--Dawn travels alone to Turkey and Syria, across a landscape still rife with tension. Using his long-lost journals as a guide, she reconstructs her grandfather's odyssey to the far reaches of the Ottoman Empire, where he found himself in the midst of unspeakable atrocities. Part reportage, part memoir, The Hundred-Year Walk alternates between Stepan's tale of resilience and Dawn's remarkable journey, giving us a rare firsthand account of the twentieth century's first genocide. It's filled with edge-of-your-seat escapes and accounts of lifesaving kindnesses in the harsh desert. And it's in the desert that Dawn finds the unexpected: the secret to Stepan's survival"--
- World War I -- Atrocities
- Crimes against humanity
- Refugees, Armenian
- Life stories -- Facing adversity | War and oppression | War survivors
- Armenian genocide survivors
- Armenian genocide, 1915-1923
- Genocide -- Armenia
- History Writing -- Middle East
- Turkey -- History -- 20th century
- Armenians in Turkey -- History
- History writing -- Middle East
- Society and culture -- Violence and crime | Genocide
- Armenia -- History -- 20th century
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M315 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hundred-year walk : an Armenian odyssey
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hundred-year walk : an Armenian odyssey
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/XSh2pPlGP3I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/XSh2pPlGP3I/">The hundred-year walk : an Armenian odyssey</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...