The Resource Enough to live on : the arts of the WPA
- Enough to live on : the arts of the WPA
- Statement of responsibility
- an essay in film by Michael Maglaras ; written, narrated, and directed by Michael Maglaras ; produced by Ramsey Tripp.
- "'Enough to live on: the arts of the WPA' celebrates the 80th anniversary of the Works Progress Administration and the Federal Art Project, and highlights artwork, music, writing, and acting, all created under the various New Deal initiatives that put creative Americans on the federal payroll and back to work as a part of our nation's recovery from the effects of the great crash of October 1929. Featuring more than 70 works of art from this period, as well as rare footage of WPA artists and others at work, this film tells the story of how Franklin Roosevelt and the New Deal used the arts to bring a message of hope and recovery to the American people, as we dug our way out of the crisis that was the Great Depression."--http://www.two17films.com
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Philip Cormier ; editor, Terri Templeton
- Intended audience
- Not rated
- Speakers: Erika Doss, Robert Reynolds
- live action
ContextContext of Enough to live on : the arts of the WPA
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Enough to live on : the arts of the WPA
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/XEy8iLsoCp4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/resource/XEy8iLsoCp4/">Enough to live on : the arts of the WPA</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dover.nh.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dover.nh.gov/">Dover Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Dover Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...